Company: First Transit
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Dispatch Team LeaderAre you looking for a fun, supportive work
environment?Do you have the desire to assist with providing a vital
service and support for your customers and team members?Do you have
the skills to succeed in delivering consistently high quality
leadership and service?First Transit, contractor for the TriMet
LIFT Program, is currently recruiting for a full time Dispatch Team
Lead.The responsibilities for this position include:?
- Performing the duties of a Dispatcher as needed using a
computerized system this position dispatches vehicles & drivers to
assure that all passenger pickups and returns happen in a timely,
safe and efficient manner. Dispatchers also solve customer service
issues involving calls from customers and operators on the
- Performing remote and side-by-side monitoring of Dispatchers,
to ensure competency.
- Ensuring compliance to the company?s code of conduct and all
existing company policies provides guidance, training, direction
and assistance to Dispatchers on guidelines and procedures, assists
with training and developing training materials, policies and
procedures for the proper operation of the Dispatch center.
- Initiate regular recognition programs that reinforce desired
performance and behavior from individual employees and teams,
initiate new ideas and other innovative solutions to current issues
and areas for development of the team.
- Guide team members on a regular basis, ensuring that they are
properly equipped with needed knowledge and skills, give effective
coaching and feedback, which includes discussion of stats and
action plans, to team members on a regular basis, check and monitor
daily attendance and break schedules of team members to ensure
adherence to set schedules
- As an essential service to the community, the Dispatch Center
operates 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. Dispatchers are
scheduled 4 days per week, 10 hours each day.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required, Associates degree
- Four years of customer service work, including 6 months
- Two years dispatch experience
- Prefer familiarity with Trapeze scheduling software and
computerized bus dispatch, radio and Data software.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including days, evenings,
weekends and holidays.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background
- Be at least 21 years of age and have a current driver?s
license.Our Dispatch Center is open seven days a week, 365 days a
year, 24 hours per day.Starting wage is $16.00 per hour.FirstGroup
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: First Transit, Portland , Lead Dispatcher, Professions , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!