April 11, 2019
(503) 809-6273 | Portland, OR 97219 | email@example.com
Technical Lead, Software Engineer
Astute, results-focused developer offering years of experience in the software engineering and IT services verticals. Proven record of success in designing, implementing, and managing enterprise-wide desktop, web, and cloud-based applications. Passionate learning and presenting cutting-edge technology. Specialize in Microsoft technologies and architectures, with a recent focus on the open source/MEAN stack. Reputation for solving complex problems with creativity and out-of-the-box solutions.
July 2009 to Present
Lead software engineer for IT/Corporate Services Information Systems.
• Provided technical lead and programming support for software development projects.
• Reduced run costs, delivered new capability, and increased scalability and extensibility while focusing on quality, reducing tickets by over 90%.
Technical Lead for IT/Corporate Services Information Systems.
• Defined the strategic direction and implementation of plan for software development projects.
• Member of the IT Apps TWG that participated in the comparison of React, Vue, and Angular frameworks to recommend IT-wide standards and guidelines for front-end development at Intel.
Software Architect/Team Lead/Manager
November 2007 to June 2008
Enterprise architect chartered to improve the overall installation and support experience for customers of Intel’s software development products.
• Analyzed existing client and server processes and technologies and developed technology and feature improvement roadmaps to meet anticipated business needs.
• Chartered and chaired architecture workgroup responsible for reviewing and approving technology selection and implementation.
• Championed the introduction of Human Factors Engineering and User-Centered Design to model and develop successful business process architecture.
External Enterprise Applications Manager
January 2006 to December 2006
Managed a team of 4 Intel employees and 2 contractors in support of the Intel Registration Center.
• Reduced support tickets by almost 50%, provided 10x faster product downloads with geo-distributed hosting, implemented cross-browser compatibility support with 2x performance improvement in most common user tasks, and delivered a new CRM solution.
Engineering Lead/Project Manager
April 2004 to June 2008
This application automates software licensing, registration, and downloads for all marketed Intel software products. This system consisted of a traditional 3-tier architecture and web services which provided runtime installation authentication for the client installs.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATON
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Computer Science
Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
Microsoft Certified Professional in ASP.NET/C#.
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in Visual C#.
Top Secret/SCI clearance
Numerous technical presentations at various conferences, trade shows, and classes
Keynote speaker at the Microsoft Professional Developer's Conference in LA
Board Member of the Intel .NET Taskforce
Board Member of the Intel IT Applications Technical Working Group
International .NET Association (INETA) Board Member
Invited to participate in the National Skills Standards Board for Software Engineering
Mandated by Congress to establish software development skills and standards
Part of a select group to define qualification criteria for worker titles
Published the following articles for Intel Developer Services:
Advanced DataGrid Techniques
ASP.NET -vs- ASP
Form Validation in ASP.NET
NET Smart Client “No Touch” Deployment
Contracted by Microsoft to publish content for their Developer Network (MSDN)
Developed a test harness and demo applications for the Oxbow Peer-to-Peer libraries
Helped ensure 100% test coverage for the MS Remoting P2P extensions
Demonstrated harness applications for the P2P effort at the MS PDC