Leasing Agent - 2048
Company: Guardian Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Guardian Management has an immediate need for a Full Time
Leasing Agent to join our experienced and committed team at
Cornerstone Apartments!The primary purpose of this position is to
conduct the day-to-day leasing activities for the property and
maintain positive resident and prospective relations. This includes
ensuring good physical appearance and maintenance upkeep of vacant
units, coordinating cleaning and repairs of vacant units with
Community Manager and Maintenance Staff, leasing in compliance with
applicable government programs for the property, always adhering to
Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant Laws, and completing all required
paperwork and reports on time.We are seeking an energetic, customer
service focused individual to join our team and help us sell this
stellar community. This is a great position for an individual who
wants to get started in the property management business and/or
grow a career with Guardian!Compensation: Hourly rate DOE
(depending on experience) + Benefits!Benefits:
Medical/Vision/Prescription Insurance, Dental Insurance,
Medical/Dependent Care FSA, Life/AD&D Insurance,
Employer-matched 401-K, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance
Program.Schedule: 40 hours/week. Days and hours are negotiable,
however 1 weekend day, will be required (employee's choice). This
position will be shared with another property 2 days per week. If
employee prefers part-time work, position will be at Cornerstone
only.Guardian provides a culture in which employees are encouraged
to learn new skills and develop their existing strengths. Upward
mobility is a reality here! We provide ample training and
opportunity for anyone who desires to take their property
management career to the next level! Interested in growing with one
of the leading property management companies in the Northwest? This
could be the perfect opportunity for you!Minimum Qualification
Requirements:The requirements listed below are representative, but
not exclusive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one (1) year of experience working in customer
service, sales, marketing or a college degree in a related
- Comfortability with social media platforms, willingness to
manage property social media as needed.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Possess strong technology, internet and general computer use
skills and willingness to learn new programs as needed.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner, both
verbally and in writing.
- Ability to complete company training requirements for this
position within pre-determined deadlines and attend other training
sessions as required.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Property Management industry experience, strongly
- Mathematical skills, strongly preferred.Essential Functions:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without
- Always represent Guardian in a positive and professional
- Support Community Managers efforts to ensure that the company's
efforts fully meet and exceed property management obligations.
- Work in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws
(Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant Laws, OSHA, etc).
- Greet and tour prospects, and answer questions about the
property in accordance with Fair Housing laws.
- Record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate
reports and file guest cards according to company established
- Communicate the features and benefits of community and
apartment units to identify a match with potential residents.
- Inspect model unit and available "market ready" units and
communicate related service needs to the Community Manager.
- Keep the model unit in condition to show and assist with the
coordination of requests for repairs and maintenance.
- Regularly inspect property and vacant apartments.
- Have a thorough understanding of rent charges, lease issues and
other tenant concerns.
- Complete application with prospect and secure deposit in
accordance with the company procedures, property programs and Fair
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals,
submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval
and follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Negotiate move-in date and make sure unit is ready by this
date. Secure resident signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior
to move-in and orient new residents to the community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals and distribute and follow up on
renewal notices, following company and Fair Housing
- Administer leasing efforts including reviewing all tenant
billings, analyzing lease clauses, preparation of vacancy reports,
enforcing tenant compliance and performing landlord obligations
including the collection and deposit of rent payments. Identify
leasing prospects and respond to routine leasing inquiries.
- Manage resident relations by presenting information, responding
to questions and concerns and communicating effectively especially
in emergency and inflammatory situations.
- Follow confidentiality guidelines for all resident, property,
owner, and Guardian information at all times.
- Accurately record time worked, adhere to time keeping
guidelines including approving site staff time records on a daily
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships
between departments and with coworkers.
- Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results
to better meet resident needs, ownership goals and objectives, and
company standards and expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Community Manager or Portfolio
Manager.Guardian Real Estate Services LLC - Company
DescriptionEstablished in 1971 and headquartered in Portland,
Oregon, Guardian Real Estate Services has evolved into a leading
management, development and investment firm. Our company offers a
diversified real estate service platform including property
management, investments, development, and advisory services.
Guardian delivers custom solutions by offering a higher level of
expertise, resources and creative capacity to develop a unique
approach for each client. 50 years of experience, combined with the
long tenure of our key staff, contributes to our strength and sets
us apart in the industry. Our stability and security comes from our
legacy of experience, industry knowledge, and integrity.Guardian is
a distinguished leader in the multifamily housing arena with a team
of highly qualified real estate professionals. The company's
vertically-integrated business model is sought by both private and
institutional investors. Guardian's management portfolio includes
over 128 assets throughout 56 cities located in four states and is
comprised of approximately 8,500 multifamily units. Guardian's
portfolio includes a diverse mix of market-rate, affordable and
senior housing. Guardian holds ownership interests in 24% of the
portfolio under management.The Guardian Experience - Our PeopleThe
Guardian Experience: Property Management is our strength. People
have always been our passion. Our team is, and has always been,
actively engaged in superior real estate management and enhancing
the communities in which we live and work. In this economy,
companies come and go. As a 3rd generation family owned firm,
Guardian's growth and stability has evolved the company into a
leading West Coast real estate management and investment
firm.Guardian OffersIn addition to competitive salaries, 401(k),
Paid Time Off and paid Holidays, we offer a culture in which
individuals work and participate in collaborative team environments
and are encouraged to continue to grow both professionally and
personally.AAP/EEO StatementThis institution is an equal
opportunity provider and employer.If you wish to file a Civil
Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA
Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at
http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA
office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also
write a letter containing all of the information requested in the
form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication,
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or by
fax at (202) 690-7442.
Keywords: Guardian Management, Portland , Leasing Agent - 2048, Sales , Portland, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!