Inside Door Sales
Company: Parr Lumber Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Parr Company knows that without great people, we can't be a
great company. That's why we offer industry-leading benefits:
- Everyone starts earning 2 weeks of vacation per year on day 1,
and gains an additional day every year worked up to 4 weeks
- Employee paid sick days
- 7 holidays
- 2 medical plan options, one with no paycheck deduction (HSA)
and our standard plan with a very low $1,250 deductible
- Dental, Vision, EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Massage, Chiropractic and Acupuncture coverage
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Childcare pretax spending
- HSA (Health Savings Account) - Parr will match up to
- Up to 50% match on the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k)
after 1 year of employment and fully vested at the end of your 3rd
- In addition to the 401(k) match, there a 3% profit share
contribution to the 401(k), with Board approval
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $2,500/year)
- Annual profit sharing (every full time employee who worked the
full year earned a minimum of $2,700 for the 2020 year)
- $1,000 referral bonusParr Promotes!We have a transparent pay
structure, and love to promote from within. Our current CEO started
with the company as a driver and by being open to change and a
self-starter he climbed the ranks to the role he has today. There
are many members of our management team who started their careers
in our entry-level positions. If you're willing to work hard,
there's no reason you won't earn regular merit increases and
promotions. There is a LOT of opportunity - Parr is growing fast!We
value our employees like family and are constantly working to
provide a safe place to work for our employees. Most of our
locations are not open past 5 and all our locations are closed on
Sundays.Our company mission is Legendary Service through Teamwork,
and we take that seriously. When you join our team, you're joining
a family owned company that's been in business for 90 years, with a
well-established reputation as a leader within the building
material supply industry in the United States.Suburban Door is
looking for a Full Time Inside Door Sales person to work at our
Tualatin, Oregon location. The pay starts at $24 - $26 Depending on
Experience.Duties and responsibilities
- Set and meet personal sales and profit goals.
- Key player in the maintenance of assigned accounts ensuring
account profitability as well as customer satisfaction &
- Acquire new sales and accounts.
- Ability to sell on overall quality and service
- Coordinate with other division sales managers and salespeople
to broaden sales to existing customers.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with
- Precisely and efficiently manage one's time and
- Use, promote & maintain P.A.R.R. Sales System tools &
- Be involved & prepared for weekly individual and group sales
- Respond to customer complaints and concerns.
- Continually update product knowledge and selling
- Assist walk-in customers at point-of-saleQualifications
Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience in sales and building material industry,
preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of doors and related inventory.
- Ability to achieve competitive sales goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of PLC selling principles, purchasing principles,
practices and protocols.
- Ability to pursue company's best interest when selling to
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to daily changing
needs/demands of PLC and PLC's customers.
- Ability to work cordially, professionally, diplomatically and
with a high level of customer service in a dynamic
- Demonstrate sound judgment in dealing with sensitive business
matters with internal and external customers of all types.
- Ability and willingness to identify processes, tools and/or
procedures that may be improved upon in an effort to improve the
workplace and outcomes for our customers.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and
employees at a high skill level. Communication can include, but is
not limited to: in-person (verbal and non-verbal), written, e-mail,
telephone and public speaking to medium size groups.
- Ability to function independently, as part of a team, and as a
leader within your own sales cohort with a positive attitude,
strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, positively and
professionally to constantly changing circumstances.
- Working knowledge of personal computers & applications.
- Keyboarding at minimum of 30 wpm required.
- Ten-key by touch required.Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, bend, walk, and effectively communicate at
levels normal for someone performing work with the general public
primarily in the office environment of a customer or job site.
Communication forms can include but are not limited to: in-person
verbal and non-verbal, written, e-mail, telephone and public
speaking to medium size groups.The Parr Company has excellent
career advancement opportunities and a strong track record of
promoting from within. Check out Career Opportunities for more
information at www.parr.com
Keywords: Parr Lumber Company, Portland , Inside Door Sales, Sales , Tualatin, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!