Company: Senior Resource Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This is a fun job with lots of resident interaction. You will
create, coordinate, and direct health and fitness programs to
benefit residents' physical and psychosocial well-being. Fitness
should be fun and engaging; our residents appreciate your passion
and look forward to your classes each day!Essential Duties:
- Develop and promote fitness program, including a wide variety
of internal and external opportunities for wellness for all
- Introduce new programs, fitness activities, equipment, and
materials to residents.
- Manage the procurement, care, and maintenance of all fitness
supplies and equipment. Work with Programs Director to control
costs and manage the fitness/activities program budget.
- Prepare and conduct all fitness activities as scheduled on the
daily calendar and as directed by Executive Director.
- Contribute to development of the monthly calendar of
- Keep activity areas clean, organized and presentable at all
- Prepare, evaluate and chart fitness activity documentation on
each resident according to State and Federal regulations.
- Work with Programs Director to successfully manage Activities
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Computer skills.
- Experience in teaching aerobics, step, strength, and
- Positive and upbeat attitude to motivate residents to join
- Group training experience preferred
- 1-2 years relevant experience as a Fitness Instructor
- First aid and CPR certified
- Must hold applicable Certified Fitness Trainer Certifications
(ex ACSM, ACE, NASM, NSCA, etc)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Senior Resource Group is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee
based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity,religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability,
military status, genetic information or any other basis protected
by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and we prohibit
harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these
protected categories. We comply with all applicable federal, state
and local laws, including but not to limited, respecting
consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Completing an application does not guarantee that you will be
offered a position.Note to Applicants: Smoking is prohibited in all
indoor areas of Senior Resource Group unless designated smoking
areas have been established by a particular office in accordance
with applicable state and local law.PandoLogic. Keywords: Fitness
Instructor, Location: Sherwood, OR - 97140 , PL: 538179954Required
Keywords: Senior Resource Group, Portland , Fitness Instructor-SpringRidge, Education / Teaching , Sherwood, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!